7 Links to Visit as you SEO your Site
Posted by Bhupesh Shah / in Marketing, Tips and Tricks / Link
I conducted an SEO workshop this morning that was hosted by the Town of Newmarket (Ontario). The main topics were:
- Overview of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Benefits of SEO
- Principles of search engine-friendly design
- Tips on how to apply SEO to your website
- How to avoid the biggest SEO pitfalls that could lower your rankings
- How social media can help boost your search engine ranking
I wanted to share much more but unfortunately the 3 hours went by rather quickly. Instead of sending each attendee an email with additional links, I thought I’d share this with the community so all can benefit.
W3C Quality Assurance Tools
– use these tools to see where you need some work! There is even one that finds broken links on your site.
Add your URL to Google
– start that relationship!
– helps you see and analyze your website traffic what your visitors are doing.
A Free keyword phrase list generator
– helpful as you continue to tweak and improve your website.
A search engine that tracks what is being talked about using Google Buzz
– find popular search terms/trends – incorporate that into your blogs to get more traffic (blogs don’t necessarily have to be 100% related to your business).
– check to see where your username is registered on a wide range of social media sites.
50 Ideas on Using Twitter for Business
– for those of you still not convinced!
There are many more tips and tools out there – if you find others, please share them. If you need more help with search engine optimization or your web strategy, let me know.